We are seeking a passionate, driven, creative individual to join our team at the Canadian Mavi HQ in Vancouver. The graphic designer will report to the Marketing & Brand Manager and help execute the marketing plans for each channel. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to build on existing awareness and propel the brand to new horizons in the Canadian market.
About the brand
Founded in Istanbul in 1991, our jeans are an expression of over 20 years’ experience mastering fabrics, washes and the newest denim technology. Our philosophy is to make perfect fitting jeans that infuse Mediterranean detailing and flair with contemporary styles. Because we control the entire manufacturing process - from designing, washing, production to delivery - we are able to deliver the highest-quality, on-trend denim at the best prices.
Today, Mavi is sold at over 4,000 specialty stores, department stores and specialty chains in over 50 countries including the US, Canada, Turkey, Australia, Germany, Netherlands and Russia.
Working at Mavi
Our office is open concept and located in the Main/Terminal area of Vancouver. We are a fun and friendly group that works hard and places a lot of value on work-life balance. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes product discounts.
- Produce creative designs in a variety of mediums that convey a consistent brand message for all channels: ecommerce, wholesale, retail and social media
- Design all e-commerce assets, including emails, banners, landing pages
- Design, develop, produce A/B/M testing assets and creative
- Create digital advertising campaigns for Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Design industry-facing print advertisements, sales collateral, POS and signage
- Design a multitude of materials for corporate branding
- Ensure a consistent, powerful brand message that is relevant to company’s target audience
- Work with the marketing and e-commerce team to strategize and implement marketing plans, online initiatives and content calendars
- Work with Marketing & Brand Manager to evolve and continually elevate the brand identity
- Step in for occasional marketing projects and events when required
- We are a small team, so everyone does a little bit of everything!
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and production software, specifically Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong knowledge of all design fundamentals including colour theory, illustration, typography, and composition
- Cross-platform design skills
- A solid understanding of advertising principles for both digital and print media
- The ability to produce creative ideas and solutions from brief to presentation
- Sharp attention to detail and are a champion of consistency
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, copywriting experience an asset
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of industry leading trends and UX practices
- A Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- 3+ years’ experience working in consumer-facing design or with an agency
- A portfolio showcasing outstanding creative thinking and exceptional digital & print design skills
- Experience working with and designing for Shopify *not mandatory but a plus
- Photo editing and colour-correcting abilities *not mandatory but a plus
- A conceptual thinker that can translate ideas into innovative and crafted design
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively within a small team
- Confident to work independently with creative direction
- A natural planner who can expertly manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet demanding deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, have a strong sense of accountability and determination to succeed
We want to hear from you if you love what you do, are a meticulous multi-tasker who can work well under pressure when faced with competing priorities and are eager to work on an amazing brand in a dynamic and growing company!
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This position is only open to those applicants who currently reside in Canada.